I do a lot of driving for work. Do I need extra insurance for the business equipment I keep in my car?

By January 10, 2011Blog

That equipment you’re carrying may already be protected, depending on your employer’s business insurance coverage-or, if you’re self-employed, by your auto, renters, or home insurance policy. Most home and renters insurance policies include a certain amount of coverage for home office equipment, and would offer protection even if the equipment leaves your home. Of course, the more expensive your equipment is, the more likely you are to take great care of it. That should include checking your policy’s coverage limits to be sure your investment is completely protected. It’s always a good idea to talk to your agent when you have questions, to make sure you have a good handle on your coverage and limits.